Presenting coffee orders via app, direct to the store.
Enriching the customer experience
Mobile ordering is now available at over 500 Costa Coffee stores nationwide - a hundred more stores than originally targeted. In delivering this new and cost effective system, Costa Coffee has successfully achieved it's customer-related objectives, whilst also bringing about a marked increase in sales.
We needed a partner who understood our technological and operational needs, but who could also offer industry insight to support us in making the right decision.Peter Harvey, Senior IT Programme Manager, Costa Coffee
Costa Coffee’s overriding business objective is to be the world’s number one coffee shop brand, and they want to achieve this with a personal touch. A perfect fit with this vision was to enable customers to pre-order from the Costa Coffee app, with their order ready and waiting for them when they arrive in the store.
Enhancing customer engagement, keeping abreast of technology and boosting business.
Computacenter invited Costa Coffee to their Customer Experience Center at Hatfield, to demonstrate the technology that Costa were looking to harness, thus providing a practical market overview. The demo included:
- Creating a tailored version of Costa’s coffee-ordering app which was then run on digital signage
- Output displayed on multiple devices
- Multi-functional hand-held devices
The successful demo enabled Costa Coffee to select the best fit.
- We delivered 500 Kitchen Display Screens to 500 Costa Coffee stores
- Smooth interlock with Costs Coffee's e-commerce system, thus enabling mobile ordering
- A marked increase in Costs Coffee's sales
- The rugged nature of the screens means cost of ownership is minimised