Last updated: August 25, 2021
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What does Computacenter do?
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We have offices in Canada and throughout the United States in San Francisco, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Texas and Massachusetts among others in the United States, as well as international offices including our parent organization in the United Kingdom and locations in Germany, France, the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland, Hungary, Spain, South Africa, Malaysia, and Mexico. We also service our customers' global requirements through our extensive partner network.
What personal information does Computacenter collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to subscribe to marketing communications from us, register for a Computacenter event or submit enquiries to us. When you apply for a job with us we will ask you for additional information such as your work history and educational background.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “What cookies does Computacenter use?” below.
We will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
In order to carry out contracts, Computacenter has collected and disclosed personal information such as name, job title, phone number, email address and IP address of companies with which it enters into contracts for performance of services.
Computacenter may process personal information to comply with a legal obligation or in order for us to investigate, exercise or defend a legal claim.
If you have questions about our use of your personal information, please contact us below under “How do I contact Computacenter?”
Who does Computacenter share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries. A list of our current affiliates and subsidiaries is available here;
- to third party services providers and partners who:
- provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website)
- perform any other services for Computacenter.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure
What cookies does Computacenter use?
How does Computacenter keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and may include technical controls such as system access, data separation and back-up and recovery as well as organizational controls such as staff vetting, staff training and building entry controls.
How long does Computacenter keep my data for?
In general, we expect to keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. Once we have determined that we no longer need to hold your personal information, we will delete it from our systems. Please note that in certain circumstances, we may hold your personal information for a longer period, for example, if we believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your personal information. When we delete personal information, it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it.
What data protection rights do I have?
You can get in touch with us using the contact details provided under the “How do I contact Computacenter?” heading below to exercise the following data protection rights:
- Your right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. Your right to request disclosure of:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Your right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. To opt-out of email marketing, you can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Your right, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How do I contact Computacenter?
You may contact Computacenter with any questions or requests concerning your personal information. Please address your questions to:
- the Head of Compliance at Computacenter North America at DataPrivacy@computacenter.com or
- The Compliance Department at Computacenter North America at ComplianceCCNA@computacenter.com .
In the European Economic Area, you may also contact our data protection officer at GDPR@computacenter.com.
RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE & PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CONTRACTORS
We respect the privacy rights of individuals and are committed to handling personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable law. Job Applicants: It is important that you read all of the Notice carefully as it sets out how Computacenter North America (“Computacenter”, “we” or “us”) handles your personal information when you apply for a job or other role with us and the rights you have in connection with that information. The term “applicants” is used in this Notice to refer to anyone who applies for a job role, or who otherwise seeks to carry out work with or for us (whether on a permanent or non-permanent basis). Contractors: It is important that you read all of this Notice carefully as it sets out how Computacenter North America (“Computacenter”, “we” or “us”) handles your personal information when you undertake to perform services for us as a contractor, whether you are an independent contractor or a worker employed by a temporary staffing agency. Privacy Notice for Job Applicants